Wednesday, 2 May 2012

PHP 5.4.1 LDAPS Fix

After taking a bit of a break from blogging, I decided that it was time that I should do something again.

Anyway, last month I took a stab at upgrading PHP to version 5.4, which contained some nice little features and performance improvements. Almost everything went fine, apart from one little thing which made me roll back to version 5.3.x, which was that no matter what I did, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t initiate a secure LDAPS connection over our network. This is used to do some Active Directory bits and pieces and so without using an LDAPS connection there was no hope. Everything looked fine though, it was almost as if it just didn’t want to do it for whatever reason.

Anyway, a few days ago, along came 5.4.1 which even though I have checked, doesn’t mention any changes to the LDAP / OpenSSL extensions. I thought that I would give it a go – and guess what – it worked!

In addition to the above, PHP 5.4 now supports paged LDAP results whereby it contains a fix for missing feature to retrieve more than 1000 items from an LDAP server at any one time without making changes to your Active Directory configuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment